Ingredients for 2-3 servings .Aval - 1 cupOnion - 1 largegreen chillis - 2Ginger - paste or finely chopped - 1/4 tspcurry leaves - 7-8oil - 3 tbspMustard seeds - a ½ teaspoonsalt - 1 1/2 tsp or to tastesugar - a ½ tspFresh grated coconut - 2 tbspcoriander leaves - 1 small bunch
Preparation for Making PohaPut aval in a colander and hold it under running water. Or else, you can wash aval in a bowl and remove all water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.Chop onion, coriander leaves.Chop green chilles in big pieces or slit in two.
Cooking Poha Method:
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Add mustard seeds. When they crackle Add chili pieces. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onion. Fry till onion is transparent.
- Add turmeric powder, ginger paste.
- Reduce flame. Add aval, salt, sugar. Mix well.
- Sprinkle a little water if needed - if you like softer poha. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add grated coconut, chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
1.You can also add mixed vegetables - green peas, potato, capsicums in addition to or instead of onions.
2. Do not leave too much water in the aval after washing. That will make it like a paste.